Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Things Come Up



My Spring has gotten "interesting", and by "interesting", I mean busy and sidetracked.  We've had some developments in my family that have been taking my focus away from JLP.  I think we are back at a quiet place now, though, and I hope to be able to start focusing back on my little business in coming weeks.  I need to--My next show is on June 9!

I still haven't gotten my camera in to be looked at, nor have I managed to finish editing the photos from our trip last month.  I would still like to blog that trip, but I'll get to it when I can.  I will probably take the camera in in early June.  I did try to do a small shoot with it, but the pictures did not turn out, so I had to refund my customer's money.  I did tell him to contact me in a couple of months, if he still wants the photos done, so maybe he will get in touch.

The first two shows I did, while positive in other ways, were busts.  That means that, unless my show on the 9th goes really, really well, I will have finished with shows for this year.  I never say "never", but if I don't have money, I can't spend it to make more.  ;)  I realize this paragraph sounds whiny, but it's not intended at all to be a whine.

Once I can get my studio cleaned up a little, I'll be working on my vintage and antiques.  The show on June 9 is an antiques show.  I try to do at least one of those a year, and I usually do well at those.  I have so much stuff to get cleaned up, identified, priced, and ultimately posted online.  At times, it all seems very daunting, but I love what I do!

Right before Paws in the Park, I finished up a box.  The theme of the box is "jungle" (or "rainforest", to be more accurate, I guess.)  It came out beautifully.  I was so happy with it.  Well, so was a coworker!  She wanted to buy it as soon as she saw the photo I had taken of it to show her.  I made a deal with her:  If it did not sell at Paws in the Park, I would sell it to her.   She ended up buying it from me after the event, and she is proudly displaying it on her desk at work!  I'm so thrilled!  She said that whenever someone asks about it, she tells them who made it.  :) If I can find that photo, I will post it here.  It really is one of my better boxes.

That's about it from me, for now.  I'm still dealing with the health/physical fallout from recent family events, so I'm very tired much of the time.  I do what I can, when I can, and I am hoping to be more productive over the summer.

...And in case you're wondering, the pink egg crate foam in the photo on this post is foam that my boyfriend put up as acoustic padding in our studio.  It gets much weirder:  There are pillows nailed to the wall in strategic places all over the room!  LOL!  Never a dull moment, and I love sharing space with a musician!  :)

Happy Spring!

5 comments:

Patty said...

Hey, Jen! Hope you show on the 9th goes well!! I miss seeing your posts on the forum...
Patty

JLynnPro said...

Thanks!

I'm sorry, but to which forum are you referring? (I'm on so many! LOL!)

Patty said...

Oh, sorry. I meant Frugal Living. :)

JLynnPro said...

I've been thinking of you all. I'll stop by! :)

JLynnPro said...

Hey, Patty!

I can't find the old forum. Could you please send me a link? from.jens.pen(at)gmail(dot)com?

Thanks!